Keeping the Gateway Open....




The Gateway is still open...even after a CLEANSING!

Recently I sold off everything I have developed over the years for this blog. There is nobody really Reading this anyways, so I can pretty much describe this in as few of details as I would like since no one really knows what I am talking about, but there it is....
So I started creating dungeon and table-top role playing terrain as a fun creative way to develop some very detailed scenery to pull in two nephews who I began playing Dungeons & Dragons with a while back. Trees, real rocks, waterfalls, fountains, mountains, deserts, caves, lava, sewers...entire city's, everything......
It became fun to try and re-create miniature sized worlds, photograph, write story lines and plot lines, and give details on how these could be created for less than the price of purchasing these via Dwarven Forge, war Torn Worlds, Citadel Miniatures, etc.
Then I realized something.......
I LOVED these company's! War Torn Worlds especially! (http://www.wartornworldsstore.com/). I wanted to support them, devote more time to writing, story telling, and enjoying the collecting of the miniatures and hobby, and only create a few here and there. 
This, plus I was REALLY running out of space! I had filled two large steamer trunks, and entire room, and built on an entire room in my home just to accommodate gaming supplies. 

These were now, due to the growing lack of interest of the two primary people I played RPG's with, going completely un-used, and as a result, un-appreciated.

We all grow up, we forget that things we loved and believed in were almost real once. We forget that being involved in things many see as "immature" or "geeky" can sometimes keep us grounded, innocent, and help us remember that life does not always need to be so heavy, but can be filled with creativity, fun and excitement, no matter the age. Unfortunately, my nephews are growing older, and so am I, and RPG's and D&D is more of a hidden personal hobby and collection, for the sheer enjoyment of it than the actual playing of it, if that makes sense.
As a result, it was time to clean house. 

I sold everything. 
Well....almost. The world, and the stories it generates that exists in that old fashioned dungeon-esque castle library in my basement still exists....my gateway still remains open to that creative world, that realm that I grew up in, that doorway to that realm of imagination, fantasy and magic. 
A few key items were kept, and a few are still being collected. 
Mainly now consisting ONLY of:

-Official Wizards of the Coast Dungeons & Dragons collectible miniatures. i think I might have a serious condition, because these, I absolutely love. Re-painting and customizing, or just keeping the way they are. I love them. Great work guys. Keep it up, and forget that stupid Heroscape crap. Please. OK, it isn't crap, it's just not as nice as the D&D branded stuff, even though a lot of them are the same mini's I know....

-War Torn Worlds brand scenery, Greencast rubberized recycled terrain. This stuff is AMAZING! Bombproof, stack able, store able, and absolutely lifelike....plus their customer service, communication and pricing is second-to-none. And the fact that they are from Sacramento (my home town) doesn't hurt too bad either....
-Citadel miniatures, Lord of Rings collection only.

Stories, sub-plots, and tutorials for limited pieces will continue here. And maybe someone will stumble upon this blog somehow and get some inspiration or ideas for keeping their own gateway open.

Coming up next....

Lava pools, homemade mushroom stacks, and some great little Stalagmites....

No comments:

Post a Comment